Monday, December 12, 2005

A joyful noise

Some of the holiday appropriate music I have been listening to.
  1. The Sermon On The Mount 1 -- William S. Burroughs
  2. Rats -- Rasputina
  3. The Jezebel Spirit -- Brian Eno & David Byrne
  4. Let My People Go -- Diamanda Galas
  5. Antiworld -- Nina Hagen
  6. Christianity is Stupid -- Negativland
  7. Banging in the Nails -- Tiger Lillies
  8. Bar-B-Q Pope -- Butthole Surfers
  9. Love Your Enemies -- William S. Burroughs
  10. A Little Priest -- Sondheim
  11. Jesus Entering From The Rear -- The Feederz
  12. Plastic Jesus -- Mojo Nixon & Jello Biafra
  13. Are You Drinking with Me Jesus -- Mojo Nixon
  14. Jesus Loves Me (But He Can't Stand You) -- Austin Lounge Lizards
  15. Pastor Dick -- Negativland
  16. Devil's Chasing Me -- Reverend Horton Heat
  17. Hell -- Squirrel Nut Zippers
  18. Christian Soldiers -- Rasputina
  19. Jesus -- The Feederz
  20. Personal Jesus -- Marilyn Manson
  21. God's Away on Business -- Tom Waits
  22. The Lord Is My Shepherd -- Diamanda Galas
  23. The Sermon On The Mount 2 -- William S. Burroughs
  24. American Jesus -- Bad Religion
  25. Mary -- Tiger Lillies
  26. Asylum -- Crass
  27. Will the Fetus be Aborted -- Mojo Nixon and Jello Biafra
  28. Satan Cigs -- Wammo
  29. Hail Satan -- MDC
  30. Sermon 1 -- Warlock Pinchers

6 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 8:51 AM, Blogger Renegade Eye said...

I found this blog surfing.

Happy Holidays as opposed to Merry Christmas to you.

I'd prefer to listen to Miles Davis, but I agree with the theme of your music.


Regards.

 
At 12/13/2005 9:31 AM, Blogger Comandante AgĂ­ said...

Nice job. I linked ya on the defeatists.

 
At 12/13/2005 11:51 PM, Blogger velid said...

Thanks for the link Agi. I was looking around on i-tunes and I am afraid some of those tunes may be hard to find.

Anyway, I have been collecting tunes of that sort for a while now. This is a little less than half of the playlist. I will put up more later. The Tiger Lillies were a recent discovery for me. They are completely out of control. I listened to the previews on their album Death and the Bible today and I think I will have to get the whole album.

So much blasphemy, so little time.

 
At 12/16/2005 8:18 PM, Blogger princess poysen ivieee said...

FYI, #27 was written by Darryl Cherney, M.N. et. al. covered it!

pppssss.

We are a bunch of druuunk texans who can't type but we're fixin to write a bilbl anyways,

Yours in most secular love,
Cedar, Andy, and Neal

 
At 12/17/2005 9:11 AM, Blogger velid said...

Hey y'all.

I wanna see that bilbl!

I knew Darryl wrote it but I have never had a copy of his version.

666

 
At 4/10/2006 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the feederz track can be downloaded at
feederz.com


i also rate the new album an A+


MaxDKlin

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home