Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love and Faith

Looking for love in all the wrong places

How do religious leaders--other than Catholic priests--demonstrate their love? Godless Wonder provides a couple of inspiring examples: Love, Muslim Style and Love Hindu Style. While the Muslim activists seemed content with burning valentines, the Hindu groups were actually threatening couples caught celebrating Valentine's Day with instant marriage.

What the bible says about love.

For libertarians and conservatives it is also the season of love--and faith. How to treat your love? Well, like property of course.
An ex-girlfriend once told me, "You treat me like a piece of property." As an economics major, my first reaction was: How great that the center of my affection truly understands the way I feel! ... If I treated her as if she were my property, after all, it means that I would take care of her, protect her, and treat her well above all things not in my possession.
You just can't make this stuff up. Not a unique reaction either. When asked to give an example of the most conservative love story ever told, one National Review pundit actually came up with Milton Friedman's Free to Choose. The other answers weren't much more inspiring either.

I am kind of surprised that the faithful didn't come up with Ayn Rand in love. I guess that would be more divine love.
----

Update: Romancing the Dick? And more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home