Thursday, February 23, 2006

You feel unclean all the time

Democracy Now! has an interesting interview with South African editor and reporter Allister Sparks who helped expose the death of anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko at the hands of South Africa's security forces.

At one point in the interview Sparks describes how it felt to live day to day with the knowledge of what kind of regime he was living under and compares it to the current situation in the US.
I mean, I think this is still such a shock in the United States, that you, you know, I think you feel that it's all so new to you, the realization of it, but I guess we got used to it. I mean, it's a very unpleasant thing. You feel unclean all the time.
Exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home