Sunday, May 28, 2006

Don't pray for me


I got accosted by some Jehovah's Witnesses last week who made the mistake of knocking on my door early Saturday morning. Let's just say that I put my best face on and gave them something to talk about in church the following week.

Scout Prime over at First Draft has a good post Momma, Don't let the Baptists pray over my dead body about another vile outfit called Victim Relief Ministries, which like a lot of Christian groups feeds off of the suffering of others, attempting to co-opt the meaning of other people's lives even after they are dead. And they have not the slightest clue as to how this might be offensive.

Speaking of particularly inappropriate prayers, the Pope, formerly of the Hitler youth, just finished offering prayers at Auschwitz. News reports are vague on the content of the prayers. Was he, like the Carmelite Nuns, praying for the souls of the murdered Jews? For their salvation in a Catholic heaven?

In his pontification at the former death camp--I kid you not--he claims that Auschwitz is the place where Hitler tried to kill god. An odd interpretation that demeans the actual victims by attempting to colonize the meaning of their deaths for a theological cause the vast majority did not share at all.

1 Comments:

At 5/29/2006 7:51 AM, Anonymous Danny Haszard said...

Up close and personal Jehovah's Witnesses can be wolves in sheep's clothing.
I was one for 33 years and they are bogus from the get-go.-Danny Haszard www.dannyhaszard.com (visit my site for fast facts on Jehovah's Witnesses)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home